Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Change In Diet

Not long ago, my ratties' diet consisted of rat blocks, dog food and peanuts. After some research, I realized this was not the best diet for them. So, about two weeks ago, I went on a little shopping trip. This is what I bought...


After some careful consideration, I decided this was the right diet for them. Their staple food: rat blocks, shredded wheat cereal, oats, dry macaroni noodles (I give them tri-color rotini noodles as well), split peas and raisins.  They love it! It is a healthy, balanced diet. Every now and then I give them a little dog food. It is a good source of protein. My rats' were getting too much protein and not enough grain. A little protein is good for them, but not a whole lot! Oh, I almost forgot! I give them sweet cereal as a treat. I am sure you noticed the big bag of fruity puffs in the picture. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment