Sunday, March 16, 2014

Baby Rats Update

The baby rats have been growing so fast! They are already getting so big! Both litters are definitely thriving. All the little munchkins are so happy and adventurous. The mamas are doing very well. They take such good care of their little ones. I am happy they are healing. I have been giving them lots of protein rich food so they keep up their strength!

You simply would not believe how many times Connie has moved and rearranged her nest in the past week! She just never seems satisfied. I think she is the type that likes a nice, roomy cave to sleep in. The cave/house I had in there was a little small. So, earlier today I cleaned out her cage and put a nice, big box at one end for her to build a nest. After I finished cleaning, I set her down in her little domain. She sniffed around a little and then, seeming content, began nursing her babies. I think she is finally happy with her cage! Since settling into the new cave she has not attempted to 'relocate' her nest. ;-)



The above picture was taken a few days ago. The babies have changed a lot since then! I will post some more pics. tomorrow. Trust me, I have lots of them! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment