Thursday, June 12, 2014

Baby Ratties!

I know of a woman named Amanda who is trying to find homes for some male ratties. They are about eight weeks old. I have not met them personally, but I have seen pictures. :-) She has black and Beige Hooded and a couple Pink Eyed Whites.
Let me tell you a little bit about how Amanda came to have these babies in her care... A few months ago, she purchased a Hooded female rat from a pet store. Not long later, she noticed the rat (Gabby) seemed to be rather large in the belly. Amanda knew what this probably meant! It happens all the time with pet store rats. So, she decided to search the web for breeders and happened to stumble upon Riverside Rattery. She contacted me and asked if I could help her. At this point, she knew without a doubt Gabby was pregnant. She simply wanted me to give her information so she would be ready for the babies! Long story short, after I gave as much info. as I could Gabby went into labor and gave birth to nine babies. Amanda was quite relieved once the whole ordeal was over- she was so scared something bad would happen to her little Gabby!
So, eight weeks later, Amanda has her hands quite full with a group of active baby rats. She decided to keep the two girls that were born, but is hoping to find wonderful homes for the boys! Thus far, she has not had any luck. If you are interested, email her at amanda.hoyt57@gmail.com. She can give you lots of information on each individual, little guy!

~Meghan


No comments:

Post a Comment